What is Toenail Fungus and Natural Remedies to cure it
Teonail Fungus is basically a fungal infection on the toenail. It is popularly renowned as onychomycosis. Teonail Fungus occurs for many reasons sometimes if the pH level of your skin reaches to abnormal scale then the fungus occurs. Sometimes it happens due to weakened immune system. When Teonail Fungus occurs, the resemblance is like swelling of the nail, thicken of the nail, sometimes crumbling of the nail, inflammation and yellowing of the nail etc. Teonail Fungus is not really painful- you can always tolerate it unless the distribution is severe.
Teonail Fungus can occur even if you wear wet socks or wear sock for a really long time. Sometime sweaty shoes are responsible for the matter. Poor hygiene is a big reason for Teonail Fungus however sometimes it happens if you are a diabetic. Although it is not painful and it only appears ugly on the nail, it does not affect your daily life, but if it is left uncured, permanent damage can take place. If you delay in treating it, it would result in splitting of the toenail, cracking of the toenail and in worse cases, you can actually lose the toenail altogether.
However, there is a good news that is Teonail Fungus can be cured completely without losing too much money on it. In fact you do not even have to go to the doctors for it. You can cure the problem at home using natural remedies. If you try these remedies 2 months straight, it is very likely that your teonail Fungus would get cured completely.
Below are few homemade natural remedies to cure Teonail Fungus:
Apple Cider Vinegar
Vinegar has several health benefits and Apple cider vinegar is said to stop spreading of fungus of any kind as it contains acidic substances. Apple cider vinegar kills fungi and bacteria. Below are the recipes you should us to cure Teonail Fungus.
- Combine water with apple cider vinegar and water. Pour the mixture into a mug or a little bowl. Dip your toenail into the mixture for about 30 minutes. You should repeat the process on a regular basis.
- Another thing you can do with apple cider vinegar is create scrub. An antifungal scrub mixing the apple cider vinegar with ground rice flour. Make sure the rice flour is coarsely ground and not completely grounded. You should rub the mixture onto your fungal area. You can do the procedure 3 to 5 days a week. This mixture helps to repair dead skin cells and in addition keeps the skin soft.
Tea Tree Oil
Teonail Fungus can be treated with Tea tree oil as it contains antifungal and antiseptic properties. Tea tree oil is so beneficial that it is also used to repair certain skin infections. Below is the recipe you can try with tea tree oil to treat Teonail Fungus.
- Combine the tree tea oil with few drops of olive oil. If you want to use coconut oil instead of olive oil that would be fine as well. Use cotton to rub it onto your Teonail Fungus. Leave the mixture onto your toenail for about 10 minutes or longer. Repeat this everyday for 1 month. For better results use it more than once per day.
You can use something like Baking soda to treat your Teonail Fungus. That is right, you do not have to go and buy it, baking soda is something that always available in any household.
- Combine ½ cup of baking soda with ½ cup 3% hydrogen peroxide. Add ½ cup of Epsom salt to it. Add the mixture to 4 cups of boiling hot water. Mix well and then add ¼ cup of white wine vinegar to it. Mix again. Transfer the liquid into a mug and dip your affected toenail into the mixture. You can leave it for 15 minutes or longer. Rinse your toenail using fresh clean water. Pat your toenail dry with towel. Repeat the process 4 times a week.
Oil of Oregano
Oil of oregano is used to treat Teonail Fungus. It contains antibacterial, antiseptic, antiparasitic, analgesic, antiviral and antifungal substances. As it contains so many properties it works miraculously in treating Teonail Fungus.
- Combine few drops of olive oil with oil of oregano. Mix well and rub the mixture onto your toenail using a cotton bug. Let it remain onto the toenail for about 30 minutes. Then rinse it off using fresh cold water. You can repeat the process two times a day. You would see results within 1 month.
Garlic is only good for cooking purposes it works miraculously in treating several health conditions, one of them being Teonail Fungus. Garlic has ajoene, allicin, both of these work well to treat fungal infections. Garlic is another element that can be found quite easily in every households.
- Combine 1 tbsp of garlic oil with 1 tbsp of white vinegar. Mix well and apply onto the affected toenail using cotton or fabric of any kind. Leave it for about 2 hours or so. Since you are leaving it for a very long time, it is wise to add a bandage around the toenail to avoid it from moving. You can repeat the process on a daily basis for straight 1 month.
- Some research have proved that eating 1 clove of garlic or 1 tbsp of garlic juice is good to heal Teonail Fungus internally.
Lemon contains citric acid which helps to prevent Teonail Fungus from spreading. It also contains antifungal substances which cures the fungus. Below are few recipes you can try using lemon juice to treat Teonail Fungus.
- You can use lemon juice all by itself onto your affects toenail area. Leave the juice on for half an hour. Once done, rinse using hot water.
- You can also try another formula with olive oil. Mix 1 tbsp of olive oil with 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix well and rub the mixture onto your toenail. Let it stay for 30 minutes and then rinse with clean water. You can continue this remedies everyday for 2 months straight.